Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My morning banana...

Japan is going crazy for a new diet:

http://morningbanana.com/

Speaking of fruit for breakfast, this summer I found a copy of 'Fit For Life' at a garage sale (yay garage sales!) for ten cents and started reading it last week. This book was written in 1987 by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond and is still in print today. One of the principles in the book is that we should eat only fresh fruit in the morning, nothing else. Oh, you can eat as much fruit as you want, though it's not exactly a breakfast of champions for those of us who wake up at 5:30 am to a screaming baby. I have been trying it for two days now, and by 10am I am shaky, ready to eat the furniture, and even a little angry. Maybe it's just an adjustment period for my body? I sure hope so. There are eight whole pages of glowing reviews in the front of the book, here are some of my favourite snippets:

"Deserves a Nobel Prize."

"I have lost 20 pounds in 30 days..."

"How could something so simple avoid my reasoning for so long?"

"People comment on how much smaller my gut is and that's in 2 weeks time!"

"I feel like I have been buried under concrete in a cave all my life, and finally I was rescued..."

Pretty compelling stuff. I will be sure to post an update when I feel I've given Fit For Life a fair chance to work it's magic...

No comments: