Thursday, October 8, 2009

42 is the new 20?

Hello from sunny and gorgeous Anna Maria Island, Florida, where I am currently on vacation!

Funny thing happened today, my 42 year-old husband was asked for ID buying wine at a Publix grocery store. In Canada, the drinking age is 19 for most provinces, and for Quebec, it's 18, but nobody bothers to check really anyway. Hopefully, somebody somewhere will mistake me for less than 21 years of age and ask me for some proof, too. Please?

I'm having a blast down here, and I absolutely love American pharmacies. The selection is excellent. So far, I've picked up some great products that are currently unavailable in Canada. Long live CVS! Long live Walgreens!

More on my American pharmacy haul later, I'm off to the beach...

UPDATE: It happened, I got asked for ID at the T.G.I.Fridays at the Tampa Airport. Of course I was flattered and excited, until I saw the same waiter card a table full of men that were obviously in their fifties. When I asked the waiter about it, he said he now asks almost everyone for ID because recently someone who was not asked got offended and sued, AND WON! Unbelievable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you given here such a fantastic information and the great content. I have opened that links and read that whole, its really an informative so i just would like to tell you thanks for sharing this nice blog with us…
fitflops

Elisa said...

Thank you, Lizzy. your comment made me so happy and encourages me to keep writing. Keep visiting please, and I look forward to all your feedback.