Saturday, October 31, 2009

H1N1 and Vitamin D

I really didn't want to post about this because a) this is a beauty blog and b) I'm not a doctor, but recently my friend (a registered nutritional consultant and owner of foodspark.com) alerted me to the importance of vitamin D intake to help boost our immune systems. Most of us don't get enough vitamin D, and whether or not you plan on taking the flu vaccine, it can't hurt to make sure you're getting your daily recommended intake of all vitamins this season. If you google 'vitamin D and H1N1' there is a lot of information. You'll also come across a lot of conspiracy theories, etc. about this flu, and since I'd rather stick with facts, here is a good link to check out:

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/newsletter/h1n1-flu-and-vitamin-d.shtml

Hope you and all your loved ones stay healthy.

www.foodspark.com

No comments: