Saturday, October 24, 2009

A quote...

Here's one we've all heard:

'There are no ugly women, only lazy ones.' (Helena Rubinstein)

I have to say, I agree with the first part, there are no ugly women. The right makeup and hairstyle can almost instantly make any woman beautiful, I truly believe that. Diet, exercise, and proper skincare can make huge improvements. Hollywood is full of examples of women with mediocre looks and talent who have been transformed into dazzling beauties with the help of top makeup artists, hair stylists, and fitness experts.

The reference to laziness, in my opinion, is a little harsh and mean-spirited. I recently came across this lesser-known but much gentler (and more optimistic) quote from actress Arlene Dahl:

'There is no such thing as an ugly woman. There are only those who have not realized their full potential.'

I couldn't agree more.

No comments: